PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
1.1 Personal Data which we collect via our Website MYDD.my or our mobile applications, MYDD and MYDD Driver includes:-
- any information collected or obtained such as your name, gender, identity card numbers, email address, phone number(s), home address, date-of-birth, etc and such personal information provided to us including those captured through your interaction with our in-vehicle audio and/or video recording during a ride (such as your image or voice or both, and its related metadata);
- any information collected or obtained such as when you register as a customer, passenger, partner, contractor or service provider via our mobile application, forms, contest, forums, surveys, registration, online via website, etc which may include personal data such as the above;
- personal information you submit via our mobile applications requesting us to provide our services as a customer or a passenger or a partner;
- personal information collected when you submit your resume or application to us for consideration of employment or a partnership;
- the content of electronic forms you submit via email requesting us to provide services or information, or to take any actions;
- any information or data on your location (for purposes of detecting pick-up/drop-off locations including location data involving route variations, sharing of such location data to any 3rd parties authorised by you and for on-site support if necessary during provision of our services to you whether a customer or a passenger or a partner);
- information submitted if you participate in our survey or competition whether via online or otherwise; and
- any messages or comments you submit via our Website, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number.
CONSENT AND PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
- fulfilling your instructions and providing you with our services;
- processing your application to purchase our product(s) or our service(s);
- marketing of product(s) or service(s) and sending any advertising and/or promotional material to you via telephone calls, emails or short message services if you have checked the necessary consent box;
- conducting Customer Service feedback;
- notifying you of special offers, promotions, current and future product launches, special invitations that we consider might be of interest to you and for similar updates and promotion reasons via our Newsletter, Electronic Direct Mailers, Direct Mailers, etc;
- performing statistical and analysis of your behaviour and characteristics in order for customer relationship management purposes;
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of our business;
- where required by law and we consider that such use or disclosure is necessary to respond to any claims or legal process, or we suspect that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in;
- making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law;
- where you have provided your resume, considering you for any positions of employment/partnership, and if applicable your terms and conditions of employment/partnership; and
- carrying out studies to monitor our recruitment initiatives for employment/partnership.
2.2 Please note that in the event that sufficient personal data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to us then your application or request to us for any of the above purposes under 2.1 may not be accepted or acted upon.
3.1 You further consent that personal data may be disclosed and transferred within our businesses in Malaysia which may include transfer to other parts of our businesses in different jurisdictions. Other than to those individuals and entities listed below, your personal data will not be revealed by us to any external body, unless we have your permission, or in some cases, to disclose information to governmental or other regulatory authorities for the prevention or detection of crime, or for the purpose of investigations or for compliance with any other law or an order of court. In that event, we may be precluded from seeking your consent to notify and/or from informing you that notification has been made.
3.2 The personal data provided by you may be disclosed by us to:
- other companies within our business group
- our customers, passengers, partners, contractors and service providers acting on our behalf
- Any referee whose details are provided by you, to verify or obtain additional information including financial institutions, education institutions, current/previous employers
- Credit Reference Agencies or Third Party Service Providers (including management of our software and Website), for our operational, administration and development requirements
- Auditors, lawyers, professional advisory, debt collectors, bankers, advertising companies, recruitment agencies, researchers, utility and security services to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such personal data for the purposes of paragraph 2.1 above for and on our behalf.
3.3 Each of the above parties, other than governmental regulators and your referees, are similarly bound by a duty of confidentiality to us in respect of all information disclosed to them.
3.4 We use and disclose aggregated non-personally identifying information collected through paragraph 2.1 above and our website/mobile application as part of our process of constantly improving our business.
4.1 We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse and to maintain data integrity.
STORAGE AND RETENTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA
5.1 Your personal data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or stored in servers located in Malaysia and operated by us or its service providers.
5.2 Any personal data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated in paragraph 2.1 above or is required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect our interests. Generally, the maximum retention period is 7 years.
5.3 We do not offer any online facilities for you to delete your personal data held by us.
5.4 We take reasonable steps to protect your personal data in our storage and retention from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
COMMUNICATION OR UTILIZATION DATA
6.1 Through your use of telecommunication services to access our Website or mobile application, your communication data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information at the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to personal data.
6.2 To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communication or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the applicable data privacy protection legal framework.
7.2 Any questions, comments, suggestions, or information other than personal data sent or posted to us and our website/mobile application, or any part of our website/mobile application by visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
7.3 We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in paragraph 3.2 above.
RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
8.1 Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, you have the right to request correction of the personal data held by us that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
My Designated Driver Sdn. Bhd. (1398676-H)
L3-023, Level 3, MyTOWN Shopping Centre, 6,
Jalan Cochrane, Seksyen 90, 55100,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.